This PDF file includes:
- fig. S1. Overview of the Page-Ladson site.
- fig. S2. Location of underwater excavations and recovered sediment cores at the Page-Ladson site.
- fig. S3. Digital elevation model (DEM) map of the Page-Ladson site derived from satellite (LiDAR) imagery displaying boundaries of terrestrial testing, specific locations of diagnostic lithic artifacts, and densities of ceramic and lithic materials recovered from terrestrial testing.
- fig. S4. Generalized schematic of excavation methodology, facing south (downstream).
- fig. S5. Biface in situ.
- fig. S6. Biface close up, showing biface on digesta.
- fig. S7. Micromorphology sample locations, facing south (downstream).
- fig. S8. DEM of the Page-Ladson area derived from bare earth LiDAR imagery.
- fig. S9. Generalized cross section of preserved sediments on the western portion of the Page-Ladson site, facing south.
- fig. S10. Close-up composite of core 4A displaying unit designations as described below.
- fig. S11. Bayesian age model for core PLAD-AUC14-4A.
- fig. S12. Bayesian age model for excavation unit 50N/23E.
- fig. S13. Summary of magnetic susceptibility and gamma density for PLAD-AUC14 cores.
- fig. S14. Example hysteresis loops from PLAD-AUC14-4A.
- fig. S15. Composition of titanomagnetite from hysteresis parameters for samples from 3A and 4A.
- fig. S16. Day plot of hysteresis and backfield parameters for samples from 3A and 4A.
- fig. S17. Magnetic susceptibility for PLAD-AUC14-4A showing high susceptibility in Units 4 and 6.
- fig. S18. Correlation of magnetic susceptibility with sea level in the Gulf of Mexico and globally averaged ice-volume equivalent sea level change.
- fig. S19. Diatom sample locations in PLAD-AUC14-4A.
- fig. S20. Diatom abundance in core PLAD-AUC14-4A.
- fig. S21. The locations of the block micromorphology samples within the 2013 south wall profile, the locations of the microstrata within the block samples, and representative photomicrographs of the microstrata.
- fig. S22. Slide 12257 in oblique incident light (OIL) (left), 43 mm across.
- fig. S23. Slide 12255 in OIL (left), 43 mm across.
- fig. S24. From Unit 4b in PPL, the root residue in a channel (left, slide 12257) and the probable earthworm granule (right, slide 12254).
- fig. S25. Flakes recovered from lower strata at Page-Ladson.
- fig. S26. Biface (AM 12080-1) from Unit 3c.
- fig. S27. Photo of marks on Page-Ladson mastodon tusk (UF 150701) taken shortly after excavation, before formation of desiccation fractures of the cementum layer.
- fig. S28. Photo of marks on Page-Ladson mastodon tusk (UF 150701) taken after formation of desiccation fractures of the cementum layer.
- fig. S29. Comparison of early photos of marks taken before and after formation of a desiccation fracture (figs. S27 and S28).
- fig. S30. Underwater photo of Page-Ladson mastodon tusk in situ.
- fig. S31. Composite photomicrograph of new cast made from Webb's patch mold (24).
- fig. S32. High-resolution photo (low-angle lighting from upper left) of a cast replicating part of the lateral flank of the dorsal half of the proximal tusk segment of UF 150701.
- fig. S33. Lateral aspect of polyurethane mold (and fiberglass mother mold) of the complete left alveolar cavity in the skull of the Hyde Park mastodon (33), rendered from a three-dimensional model.
- fig. S34. Location of Sporormiella samples collected from PLAD-AUC14-4A.
- fig. S35. Images of fossil Sporormiella from PLAD-AUC14-4A.
- fig. S36. Sporormiella influx by depth for core PLAD-AUC14-4A.
- fig. S37. Sporormiella influx by cal yr B.P. for core PLAD-AUC14-4A.
- table S1. Present (2015) unit designations related to nomenclature from Kendrick (13).
- table S2. Radiocarbon ages from core 4A.
- table S3. Radiocarbon ages from 2013 excavation units.
- table S4. Radiocarbon ages from 2014 excavation units
- table S5. Radiocarbon ages from previous excavations (34) used to calculate Unit 5/6a boundary.
- table S6. Modeled ages of each stratum according to PLAD-AUC14-4A showing age spans of each stratum and sedimentation rate for each stratum.
- table S7. Magnetic measurements from cores 3A and 4A.
- table S8. Diatom percent relative abundance in sediments from the Page-Ladson Site, Florida.
- table S9. Micromorphology of Page-Ladson 2013 south profile, north 50.
- table S10. Artifacts recovered from lower strata at Page-Ladson.
- table S11. Macrofaunal remains recovered from Units 4b to 3a during 2012?2014 excavations.
- table S12. Sporormiella samples from the Page-Ladson site.
- References (33–103)
Other Supplementary Material for this manuscript includes the following:
- figs. S31 and S32 (.tif format)
Files in this Data Supplement: