The presence of hawks at their nests alters the foraging height of predatory jays, creating a safe nesting area for hummingbirds.
- Rationally designed graphene-nanotube 3D architectures with a seamless nodal junction for efficient energy conversion and storage
Seamlessly joint graphene-nanotube 3D architectures were created by one-step CVD for efficient energy conversion and storage.
- Innovative qPCR using interfacial effects to enable low threshold cycle detection and inhibition relief
PCR device amplifies DNA directly from tissue samples and achieves smartphone-based quantification at early thermal cycles.
By adding honey and beebread to worker-destined larval diet, nurse honey bees introduce a phytochemical that alters caste-determining gene expression.
The DNA helix and its internal structures were directly imaged; characteristic lengths and inner components were measured and reported.
A review of the recent advances, along with perspectives and challenges, in the fast-growing field of carbon-based electrocatalysts.
- High-precision geochronology confirms voluminous magmatism before, during, and after Earth’s most severe extinction
High-precision geochronology confirms voluminous magmatism before, during, and after Earth’s most severe mass extinction.
A biodegradable polymer-based approach enables vertical and horizontal assembly of living tissues in a single step using a hook and look mechanism.
- Fractal circuit sensors enable rapid quantification of biomarkers for donor lung assessment for transplantation
Microchip sensors enable rapid, molecular-level profiling of donated lungs for transplant assessment.
- Unified understanding of superconductivity and Mott transition in alkali-doped fullerides from first principles
A quantitative theory unveils unique synergy of phonons and electron correlations behind exotic pairing next to the Mott phase.
Space observations of the Middle East show that geopolitics and armed conflict have drastically altered air pollution emissions.
A method of developing new cancer therapies with nanodiamonds.
Nonlinear control is applied to coupled oscillator networks to attain full synchronization.